Plans ohoy


Since I have some good time to chit chat (for once) I though I'd do something I don't usually do and share some of my plans here in the blog! I've been in a bit of a runt ever since the Eurocosplay finals because real life has been so pressing, and with a new job I finally find my self with a bit more time and energy for costumes again <3




I talked about this in my IG(stories) already, but during that couple of years I've had a lot of costumes on my list to make. But since I haven't been able to make them my tastes might have changed and doing just costumes that I've added to my 'list' is not the best way to go forwards. I realized this when I finally finished Rapunzel's dress from the series, and trying it on I didn't feel happy or excited about wearing it. In stead I thought I'm going to take a few photos and the let it go. That's when I decided I'm ready to let go of old plans, old costumes I'm not going to wear anymore, and work on costumes and projects that actually spark joy in me (yes that is a kondoism).
I've realized that the costumes that really speak to me right now are ones with more challenge, and more details. So I'm gonna share a few that I'm actually planning, have gathered materials for or am really planning!

Basically the first thing I've been trying to concentrate on are Cassandra's sword and shield I never made back in 2017. The costume hasn't felt complete so it's super nice to have them almost done at this point. Currently I'm at the painting, and I'll make a post of building them once that's done!



Next up I need to finish Sally Whitemane that I started around New Years, she has a deadline in July for a shoot. I've started on the the armorparts, built the bases for the shoulders and the hat, it shouldn't take too long to finish once Cassandra's props are painted. I've got most of the fabrics and started on some of those parts as well.


 
The top looks super tall in the photo for whatever odd reason, but I can guarantee it is not that high :'D






Then there are two costumes with no deadlines, one is a Sakizo's Alice world bunny girl. Another costume that's been on my 'list', and one of the reasons I started working on it is that I found the perfect fabric for it. Whenever I've made a girly puffy dress I haven't felt very comfortable in it, so we'll see if it's another 'shoot & boot' costume. I like working on it though, but I feel like right now I just want to 'get it out of the way' more than finish it for wearing or being happy about it.




The second one is the Disney Limited edition Snow White doll rags version, and this one I'm more excited about! This one I started so I would have something to do on long trip on the bus or train etc. and embroidery was a good option for that. I started the hem embroidery a bit under a year ago, worked on it on trips, had a longer break before new years and finished it this spring. Right now I have almost all the fabrics (some are from the recycling center, some from sales). The blue skirt fabric is on it's way and I can continue once it arrives ~ With the petticoat and the skirt I can start placing the holes and patches on the brown over skirt. 




I mapped the pattern in an old fashioned way, pricking and dusting over the silk paper. Then I basted the pattern so it wouldn't rub off while I worked. 

First I outlined everything.










You Might Also Like

0 comments